Speaker and Executive Consultant
Brian J. Mistler, Ph.D.
Prevention Culture is proud to offer the consulting and training services of Dr. Brian Mistler. Brian’s unique and diverse combination of expertise allows him to serve institutions of higher education in multiple ways. As a psychologist, legalist and Title IX compliance officer, Brian applies a broad set of skills and knowledge to create customized solutions for each client’s unique situation.
We have partnered with Dr. Mistler because of his unique set of skills, as well as his passion for transforming campus culture and high-risk subcultures to reduce the rates of sexual misconduct and equip students for healthy relationships. A summary of Dr. Mistler’s accomplishments includes the following:
PH.D. in Counseling Psychology with advanced training in Statistical Modeling
University of Florida, summa cum laude and APA doctoral internship
Licensed Clinical Psychologist (FL #8662); Forensic Examiner qualification
M.A. in Conflict Resolution
University of Bradford, with Distinction
B.S. in Philosophy, Humanities, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
Stetson University Honors Program
- Author of over 50 popular and scholarly publications
- Creator of original sexual assault prevention and healthy intimate relationships education programming for the higher ed. community.
- Training of students and staff to support sexual assault prevention and appropriate responses
- Service on the boards of The Center for Collegiate Mental Health and NASPA’s Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice
- Title IX Coordinator and Legal Compliance officer at New College of Florida
- Associate Dean of Students at Ringling College of Art and Design, one of North America’s preeminent art and design colleges
- Co-leader of the Association for University and College Counseling Center Directors’ data benchmarking
- Invited speaker on issues of sexual assault, men’s issues, threat assessment and campus violence prevention at the national level
- Creator and co-leader of Gender Identity Taskforce
- Founded LGBTQ task force at Hobart and William Smith Colleges and helped college achieve a 5 star rating on the National Campus Pride Index
- Faculty member at Manatee Memorial Hospital and NASPA’s Certificate Program in Higher Ed. Law and Policy
- Annual Delta Gamma Award for Highest Excellence in Teaching in 2004
- Vice Chairman, Board of Directors, Safe Harbors Rape and Domestic Violence Services – 2010-2012
- Doctoral dissertation on the relationship between humor and change
- Member of Sigma Nu Fraternity, VP of IFC and Student Body President at Stetson University
- Regular, neat guy to talk with
Brian is an ardent enthusiast for left-/right-brain collaboration, and is adept at working at the intersection of people, data and planning. His comprehensive approach reflects a valuing of organizational culture, transparent pedagogy and assessment and the engagement of diverse stakeholders in learner-centered education.
Beyond his work as a consultant, educator and administrator, Brian is a painter and a pilot. He lives in Sarasota, FL.
Contact us to inquire about Dr. Mistler’s services as they might relate to your needs by email us at email@example.com.