Andrew Campbell is a national expert on domestic violence and child maltreatment. We recruited Andrew to be part of our team because as a researcher and educator his work is on the cutting edge, and because he shares our commitment to developing innovative yet practical approaches to preventing harm before it occurs.
Andrew’s recent publication in the Journal of Interpersonal Violence includes his analysis of nearly 10,000 first responder reports from the scene of domestically violent incidents. This study is the largest study of its kind ever published to date in academic literature.
Andrew is a key consultant on our team who provides advanced education, consultation, and training on domestically violent homes and threats to children for –
- Law enforcement officers
- Medical professionals
- Social service providers
- Child protective services staff
- School counselors and Administrators
- Churches and other faith-based organizations
- Characteristics of Intimate Partner Violence incidents and the environments in which they occur: Victim reports to responding law enforcement officers. Campbell, A.M., Hicks, R., Thompson, S., & Wiehe, S. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, April 20, 2017
- “The Emotional Maltreatment of Children in Domestically Violent Homes: Identifying Gaps in Education and Addressing Common Misconceptions”. Campbell A.M., Thompson SL. International Journal of Child Abuse & Neglect. Oct. 2015. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S014521341500277X
- “More than Words: The Emotional Maltreatment of Children”. Campbell AM, Hibbard RA. Pediatric Clinics of North America. Sept. 2014. http://www.pediatric.theclinics.com/article/S0031-3955(14)00118-7/abstract
Recent & Upcoming Presentations:
- Children’s National Health System (Washington D.C.) – Hospital Grand Rounds on DV/Child Maltreatment
- Indiana Children’s Justice Act Conference – Domestically Violent Homes: The Threat of Harm to Children
- National Conference on Health and Domestic Violence (San Francisco, CA)
- National Title IV-E Roundtable Conference (Arizona State University)
- Annual Department of Child Services Local Office Director Conference – Domestic Violence Expert Panel
- Child Abuse Summit 2017 – Selected to educate Physicians, Social Workers, Law Enforcement, Court Systems
- International Crimes Against Children Conference (Dallas, TX)
Andrew helps various victim serving agencies to develop a data driven, multi-disciplinary response, particularly when children are involved. He was a finalist for the 2016 Indianapolis Business Journal’s “Heroes in Healthcare” for Community Achievement in Health Care, and serves on several multi-disciplinary fatality review and violence prevention committees/boards.
Among other projects, Andrew is currently working to develop a standardized response for first responders to the scene of a domestically violent incident involving children. He is also working with various city and state agencies to develop “predictive mapping” of violent events to identify where in the city they are most likely to occur next. This program will help to better ensure the proper allocation of available city/state victim and responder resources.
Contact us to inquire about how Andrew and our team can help your community, organization, or agency. firstname.lastname@example.org or you may connect with Andrew directly at email@example.com.